We support technology innovation and entrepreneurship in higher education to create experiential learning opportunities for students and successful, socially beneficial innovations and businesses.
How we work
With a membership of nearly 200 colleges and universities from all over the United States, the NCIIA engages more than 5,000 student and faculty innovators and entrepreneurs each year, helping them to bring their concepts to commercialization.
The NCIIA ‘pipeline’ provides nascent student start-ups with early stage funding, help with business strategy development, mentoring, and investment. The NCIIA provides faculty with funding for courses and programs in tech entrepreneurship, opportunities for recognition, and entrepreneurship education training and networking.
Since 1995 we have:
- Funded 341 experiential courses and programs at hundreds of institutions throughout the United States.
- Funded 465 E-Team (innovative product development) projects that have resulted in more than 180 new businesses.
- These businesses have leveraged more than $365 million in additional funding.
- Engaged 2,000 students via E-Teams.
- Partnered with government agencies and corporates to advance our mission.
- Gained significant coverage from national media outlets and specialty outlets.
2011-12 by the numbers
- 23 Course and Programs grants awarded ($606,640)
- 37 Advanced E-Team grants awarded ($544,623)
- 11 Sustainable Vision grants awarded ($446,774)
- $1,598,037 total grants awarded
- About NCIIA
- Meet our grantees
- For students
- For faculty
- Specialty training programs
- Annual conference
- NCIIA in the news
- Contact us