BMEidea: A design competition for biomedical engineering students
The world needs more effective, functional and affordable technology solutions to clinical medical problems.
You can fast-track these solutions by entering BMEidea, the United States' leading competition for biomedical and bioengineering students. Cash prizes are available: the first place team wins $10,000; second place $5,000; and third place $2,500. Cash prizes will be disbursed to each of the winning team's departments to be allocated at the discretion of the faculty advisor.
BMEidea 2014 competition timeline
- April 4: BMEidea application deadline
- April-May: Judging of entries
- Mid May: Finalists are notified
- June: Awards will be presented to winners at the 2014 MD&M Medical Device Tradeshow and Convention
Apply and tell us about:
- A health-related technology
- Invented by students
- That addresses a real clinical need
Competition entries will be judged on the following:
- Technical, economic and regulatory feasibility
- Contribution to human health and quality of life
- Technological innovation
- Potential for commercialization
- 2012 BMEidea competition winners
- 2011 BMEidea competition winners
- 2005 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- 2006 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- 2007 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- 2008 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- 2009 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- 2010 BMEidea Winners: What are they up to?
- About BMEidea
- About NCIIA
- Meet our grantees
- For students
- For faculty
- Specialty training programs
- Annual conference
- NCIIA in the news