Where solutions are created for the world's most pressing challenges
IdeaLab provides a transformational entrepreneurial experience to undergraduate and graduate students:
We ask students to create innovative solutions and capitalize on opportunities to address far-reaching societal challenges.
IdeaLab is a highly interactive five-day workshop where students develop multiple ideas and select the one(s) they want to pursue, form a team around that idea and develop advanced business plans under the mentorship of experienced entrepreneurs.
IdeaLab allow students to explore their ideas in a highly creative environment, learn to evaluate them and quickly iterate to come up with the best solution.
By the end of the workshop, students will have developed the confidence and skills to generate ideas, as well as understand and be able to pursue market validation, product design and business development. These skills will help students develop competencies for working as a market-oriented innovator in industry or on their own. There may also be funding opportunities for students interested in moving the most promising ideas forward.
Want to host an IdeaLab on your campus? Contact us!
Read about previous IdeaLabs:
- BMES IdeaLab, June 27-30, 2011, Northwestern University. For BME rising seniors
- IdeaLab: Retrofitting Existing Communities, August 15-19, 2011, Portland State University. For students interested in solving green or sustainability problems.
- IdeaLab: The Sustainable University, Jan 4-8, 2012, Rochester Institute of Technology, Creating solutions for more sustainable campuses. Read an article about the IdeaLab at RIT.
- IdeaLab: The Sustainable Campus, Mar 30-Apr 1, Apr 20-22, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Creating solutions for more sustainable campuses.
- About NCIIA
- Meet our grantees
- For students
- For faculty
- Specialty training programs
- Annual conference
- NCIIA in the news