2009 Olympus Innovation Award winners
2009 Olympus Innovation Awards Winners Announced!
Recognizing faculty excellence and innovation in higher education
From left: Mike Camp, Andy Hargadon, Phil Weilerstein (NCIIA), Gifford Pinchot III, Jill Bamburg, and Dave Willard (Olympus).
This year's Olympus Innovation Award winners were announced at a ceremony at the NCIIA's 13th annual conference, held in Washington DC, on March 20. The awardees are:
Olympus Innovation Award
- Michael Camp, academic director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at Ohio State’s Fisher College of Business
Listen to Mike's acceptance speech
Olympus Lifetime of Educational Innovation Award
- Gifford Pinchot III, president emeritus, and Jill Bamburg, dean emeritus, Bainbridge Graduate Institute
Listen to Gifford's acceptance speech
Listen to Jill's acceptance speech:
Read about Jill's work in Enterprising Women (Note that you will be asked to provide brief contacts details before proceeding. The byline can be found on page 26).
Olympus Emerging Educational Leader Award
- Andrew Hargadon, associate professor, Graduate School of Management, University of California–Davis
Listen to Andy's acceptance speech:
Read more about Andy's work:
- Fast Company
- New York Times blog - Part one; Part two
- Olympus America and NCIIA have partnered for the past five years to present the Olympus Innovation Awards, which recognize faculty excellence and innovation in higher education:
• The Olympus Innovation Award ($10,000) recognizes the work of an outstanding faculty member in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship education.
• The Olympus Lifetime of Educational Innovation Award ($2,500) recognizes the sustained contributions of an outstanding faculty member who has devoted his or her career to innovative education.
• The Olympus Emerging Educational Leader Award ($1,000) recognizes the work of a faculty member who, early in his or her career, shows outstanding leadership promise in the field of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship education.
Listen to David Willard, Director of Employee Communications & Community Services at Olympus, talk about the Awards
- About NCIIA
- Meet our grantees
- For students
- For faculty
- Specialty training programs
- Annual conference
- NCIIA in the news